Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dinner at Mountain Lake first night

Dinner tonight at Mountain Lake Hotel was NOT a buffet; the buffet apparently is a weekend deal. Tonight's offerings began with appetizer (Calamari) Soup (Roasted Red Bell pepper with Gouda) and a salad. (it was a choose two). Dinner itself was a choice of Marinated flank steak, Salmon and Lobster Pinwheels, Breaded Chicken cutlets or Pasta Primavera. Most of us chose either the Salmon or the Flank steak. Both were yummy, but I was happy in the end that I chose the Salmon.
The salmon had a really nice hollandaise sauce and was accompanied by a beautiful tri-colored pasta scented with cumin and a vegetable medley of yellow carrots, edamame, cranberries, and whole wax beans. Yummy!
I had a photo fail for dinner because I had only taken my phone and the battery died!
Dessert was a serve yourself bar and coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment