Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day and Good Eats!

We are quite literally snowed in. I have zero desire to actually go anywhere, so it works. I made the obligatory grocery store run and have plenty of food although the family complained that I didn't buy enough snacks. Snacks translates into chips, dip and cookies. Uhm...no. lol They are my prisoners and shall eat what I provide or they can go to Kroger themselves.

This morning at Kerry's request I made Stuffed French Toast.


The recipe for this is SO easy; you want to try this, you really do.
In a mixer blend softened cream cheese with a couple of tablespoons of sugar, a tablespoon of Vanilla Extract and a little heavy cream to make it all blend together.

Spread a generous amount of the cream cheese mixture in between two slices of Texas Toast... From this point; you prepare it just like any other French Toast, but don't cook it too long or the cheese will melt and the sandwich will slide apart!

1 comment:

  1. I had other photos to add, but Blogger hates me.
    We use a fruit topping on this... and powdered sugar.

    ReplyDelete