Sunday, January 17, 2010

Capital Ale House Eats!

So, I haven't been cooking much lately; I'm not even certain what we've been eating. I do know that we had some yummy and I mean yummy beer and food from The Capital Ale House last night.
The beer was Old Richmond #4, a brown ale which happens to be one of my very favorite things! They didn't have any other brown ales on tap, so I tried it and am a believer! It was dark and rich, with just the right 'bite' and a nice bit of hoppiness, but not a lot. I personally prefer a beer with lots of flavor from hops, but this was really nice.

The food...oh the food. I had Polenta with Mozzarella. This was a lovely dish; triangles of baked polenta topped with a marinated portabella mushroom, topped with fresh mozzarella cheese and finished with a roasted red pepper marinara sauce. Can we say "yummy"?
The Kalamata olives were a little on the too salty side, but I happen to love salt!

1 comment:

  1. "Yummy."

    =]

    It does sound really good, though! Kind of iffy about the polenta. I guess you just have to cook it and make me a lover. =]

    ReplyDelete